Information Gathering and Use
We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign up to our campaign
- Sign up to stay updated
We won’t collect or record your personal information unless you choose to give it us.
Privacy of our email lists
- Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning or project engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
- To email you with news and information about The Resilient Foundation and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our project.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by The Resilient foundation when you use our web site. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
- You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
- External Web Services
- We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. For example, to display video we use YouTube. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.
- We do not collect the following information from you:
Payment data, which includes your credit/debit card number, cheque number, bank account details, etc. This is collected and processed directly by a third party, i.e., the payment gateway, payments processor, etc., who will have separate policies regarding collecting and processing your information that you provide.b. Biometric information;
c. Medical records
Links to other websites
The Platform may contain links to other websites of interest or to other third party sites, such as payment gateways. We are not, in any way, related to or otherwise associated with such third-party entity/websites and we do not guarantee or otherwise endorse any content and/or security of such websites. However, once you have used these links to leave the Platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the policy applicable to the website in question. In no event, shall The Resilient Foundation be liable for any loss, damage, claim or expense caused as a result of accessing these third-party websites and/or any of their features.